The Office of Media Operations (OMO) is a component of the Thurgood Marshall Library in the Division of Academic Affairs. Its mission is to provide a comprehensive range of instructional support services, focusing on the best utilization of various media to facilitate and improve the teaching and learning process at Bowie State University.
- Instructional technology support to the academic and administrative divisions of the University including the provision of overhead, LCD and slide projectors as well as video monitors, camcorders and videocassette (VHS) recorders, and DVD players.
- Technical training is provided for smart classroom utilization.
- Educational/instructional videos are available for classroom presentations. Videotapes for College of the Air television courses are also available for viewing in the Media Center.
- Transparency reproduction, audio duplication of foreign language course materials, and lamination services of instructional materials are also available.
- OMO houses a viewing room for small group presentations or classes, two state-of-the art interactive video classrooms and a videoconferencing center for distance education administrative activities and professional development.
- OMO maintains the Bowie State University site for the University System of Maryland's Interactive Video Network (IVN). The site utilizes videoconferencing over IP. Videoconferencing services must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
Media Center services must be reserved in person or by telephone at least 24 hours prior to date of use. For further information, please feel free to contact the staff of OMO at 301-860-3900 or 301-860-3905.