Sr. IT Business Strategy and Planning Analyst
IT Project Manager
Vernon Jones, Jr.
Enterprise Integration Specialist
Systems and Applications Integration Architect
Thurgood Marshall Library Bldg., Room 252
IT Strategy & Planning (ITSP) is responsible for building and sustaining an efficient and effective Enterprise Architecture Strategy supported by sound business management decisions. ITSP accomplishes this by strategically overseeing the IT enterprise architecture, ensuring that all IT projects and divisional operations integrate and align with the University’s mission, goals and objectives.
IT strategic planning encompasses technology standardization, IT analysis, development, planning, execution and review. ITSP conducts IT strategic planning, oversee deliverable metrics and document policies for standard operating procedures to facilitate a robust enterprise IT infrastructure.
ITSP partners with Bowie State University leadership across divisions to integrate platform silos and utilize IT capabilities which fosters a heightened level of resolve to support current and future needs. The BSU IT Strategic Plan lays out the mission, vision, goals and Critical Activities required of DIT to transform and support the BSU mission challenges and provide the needed IT solutions at the right time with appropriate budget and assets needed to support its operation and maintenance. In this way decision makers can create mission related IT priorities and fund those IT projects needed while understanding potential risks via a BSU-wide perspective.
The mission of the IT Strategy & Planning Department is predicated on building and sustaining an efficient and effective Enterprise Architecture Strategy supported by sound Business Management decisions in support of Bowie State University. The IT Strategy and Planning Department accomplishes this by overseeing the IT strategic enterprise architecture and ensuring IT projects and divisional operations are integrated and aligned with overall university strategy, mission, goals and objections.
IT strategic planning encompasses technology standardization, IT analysis, development, planning, execution and review. They conduct IT strategic planning, and oversee deliverable metrics, process maps, standard operating procedures, development of processes and policies, and process documenting to facilitate IT strategic transformation of the enterprise. They are responsible to work across the division and internal silos on behalf of university customers to ensure customer needs are met efficiency and efficiently in a resource constrained climate.
IT Strategy & Planning will accomplish this via the following:
- Conducts analysis to create, guide and validate future directions and business decisions required to successfully guide systems implementation and development
- Work to identify barriers to achieving division and university objectives, and develop an approach that allows the university to overcome obstacles via embracing information technology as a core enabler
- Function as a coordinating technical body by developing and implementing strategies that satisfy the objectives of individual departments as well as promoting overall corporate goals via the use of technology and information systems.
- Gather information on challenges and objectives. Consolidates individual strategic aims into an overall approach
- Uncovers IT obstacles the university faces and what technical strategic activities can be leveraged to facilitate success
- To achieve success, we must align key divisional processes for effective strategy execution to encompass IT initiative management, best practices, and strategy communication
- Develops and produces the BSU IT Strategic Plan linked to Critical Activities
- Lead and administer the IT Request for Services process