All interested STAR Program candidates must complete the online pre-application and interview process:
- Unofficial transcripts from undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- Two 300- to 500-word essays based on the following prompts:
- Prompt #1: Discuss your reasons for wanting to teach. Include how previous personal, work, and/or educational experiences have influenced your decision to become a teacher.
- Prompt #2: Please share previous experiences you have had working with adolescents and/or young adults. How has this experiences impacted you and/or your community and/or family?
- A response to the following prompt:
- Prompt #3: Why do you want to be in the STAR Program? What unique contribution will you make if admitted into the STAR Program? What unique contribution do you bring into the teaching profession that will improve the lives of students?
- Two writing samples (no fewer than four pages each)
- Two professional references (email and phone number for each one)
After completing the pre-application process, candidates who advance to the next application phase will participate in an interview with the program staff.