The Department of Nursing follows the admission policy set forth by the University. Students are encouraged to declare their majors in the freshman year so that an Academic Advisor can be assigned, and the nursing curriculum can be followed as outlined by the Department of Nursing. The Department of Nursing has instituted the following admission process for students:
- Obtain general university admission through the Bowie State University Office of Admissions
- Apply for the nursing program.
- Complete the Nursing Program application
The new online application will be available to candidates on April 15th. The deadline to apply is June 3, 2022.
- Submit an autobiographical summary (two-pages maximum). Please address the following:
- Explain why you are interested in the Traditional Undergradute Nursing program option
- Explain how has your experience prepared you for this opportunity
- Tell us about yourself (family/academic background).
- List the qualities do you believe to be most necessary to be an effective professional nurse?
- List the personal qualities you possess would make you an effective professional nurse?
- List your long-term goals/plans after graduating from the program? (graduate school/work)?
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better
- Science GPA of 3.0 or better (science courses must be within five (5) years of the admission application.)