What sets us apart from other programs: our passion for increasing the number of qualified people of color in the nursing field. We believe well-rounded students make the best nurses and our liberal arts-based curriculum, infused with content from the social sciences, arts, humanities and computer science as well as health and science, opens up possibilities and opportunities in a broad range of careers. As a nursing major, you will:
- Analyze research and policies that affect nursing practice and client care
- Interpret how power, accountability and advocacy relate to nursing
- Develop specialized communication skills to effectively lead, collaborate and practice
- Learn how culture, lifestyle, values and traditions intersect in client care
- Use research findings to help clients prevent, manage and cure disease
- Integrate critical thinking and judgment to facilitate client’s optimal wellness
The baccalaureate nursing program prepares students to become generalists practicing within the ethical and legal framework of professional nursing. Your education will equip you to not only meet the changing health care needs of diverse populations; it will prepare you to be a leader.