- Apply by Thursday, February 19, 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Eligibility: The Bulldog Pitch Competition is open to all Bowie State undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled and in good academic standing. Individuals and teams (not to exceed four people) are eligible to enter this competition. Participants may have only one entry (as an individual or as member of a team). We encourage team collaboration across disciplines, but it is not a requirement.
- Idea categories: Ideas in a variety of categories are acceptable, including sustainability, urban social entrepreneurship, social media, information technology, financial services, healthcare, public administration, arts and sciences, education, behavioral sciences and human services, psychology and social work.
- Mentoring: One-on-one coaching is available for students who need help to fully-develop their idea.
Timeline - Spring 2020 Dates
- February – Bulldog Pitch Competition Information Sessions
The session will offer students key perspectives on idea generation, the entrepreneurial mindset, customer discovery and descriptive writing. Additionally, there is an opportunity for one-on-one coaching with successful entrepreneurs and business executives who are members of the Entrepreneurship Academy Advisory Board.February 4, 4:00 – 4:30 pm
All sessions will be held in the Student Hatchery, 1st Floor, Center for Business and Graduate Studies, Room unless otherwise noted.
February 5, 12:00 – 12:30 pm (Online – RVSP to email@example.com)
February 6, 10:00 – 10:30 am
February 7, 11:00 – 11:30 am (Online – RVSP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
February 13, 3:30 – 4:00 pm
February 17, 3:00 – 3:00 pm
- February - March – Entrepreneurship Mentoring Sessions
Representatives from SCORE and the Maryland Small Business Development Center (SBDC) will be available for mentoring sessions by appointment.
- February 19, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. – Application Deadline
Teams will receive feedback shortly thereafter. The judging criteria for the first round include: opportunity recognition, innovation and problem solution.
- February 27, 2020 – Quarter Final
- February 28, 2020 –Top 12 Competitors will be notified
Those who did not make the top 12 will also receive notification on the Feb 27.
- April 15, 2020 – VIRTUAL Semi-finals Round Bulldog Pitch Presentations
The top 12 competitors will present. Teams will have 3 minutes to present their pitch to the judges. Judges will have 3 minutes of questions. Judges will select the top six finalists who will then present virtually on April 29. The judging criteria for the second round include presentation, innovation, opportunity, solution and business model.
- March 27-April 23, 2020– Group and one-on-one coaching sessions for the six (6) finalists
- April 29, 2020, 3:00- 5:00 pm , VIRTUAL– Finals Competition
The top six competitors will present in front of virtual audience. Finalists will have 5 minutes to present.
(For winning teams, cash prizes will be equally divided among members)
• 1st Place: $1,000
• 2nd Place: $750
• 3rd Place: $250
• Crowd Favorite: $250