Bowie State University offers an array of scholarships – each with its own set criteria for consideration. Please note that all students must complete the FAFSA to be considered for any type of financial aid.
New students are automatically considered for merit-based and BSU Assist awards based on the SAT/ACT scores and GPA provided on admissions applications.
- Available to new and returning full-time undergraduate students
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Amount: up to $3,000
- Available to full-time transfer students pursuing their first bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2.8 GPA
- Minimum 24 transferable credits
- Must complete FAFSA by March 1 for the award year
- Amount: up to $4,000
- Eligible to full-time, first-time, first semester freshmen
- Minimum GPA of 3.5, SAT reading and math score of 1200 or ACT score of 25
- Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses increase chances of receiving scholarship
- Full and partial scholarships available
BSU National Alumni Association, Incorporated
BSU National Alumni Association, Prince George's County Chapter
- New and returning full-time students must complete an application and essay
- Award amount varies based on funding and student eligibility
- Apply for an AcademicWorks scholarship
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Award amounts based on classification:
- Senior - Up to $1,500
- Junior - Up to $1,200
- Sophomore - Up to $1,100
BSU Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Available to full-time transfer students from a community college with an Associate of Arts in Teaching degree
- For all U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- Amount: up to $2,000
- Available to new and returning students who are either the children, stepchildren, or the surviving spouse of a US Armed Forces member who has suffered a service connected 100% disability;
- Or, a student veteran who has suffered a service connected 25% (or more) disability as a result of military service and has exhausted all education benefits;
- Or, the son, daughter, stepchild or surviving spouse of a family member killed as a result of military service in the United States armed forces;
- Or, a victim of the September 11, 2001 attacks;
- Or, the children, stepchildren or surviving spouse of a state or local public safety employee or volunteer who was killed or 100 percent disabled in the line of duty.
- Award amount can be up to tuition and fee costs.
- Apply for the Conroy Scholarship (pdf)
Golden Flame Scholarship
- Available to full time graduate students who are US citizens
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Award $1000-$2000, based on GPA and availability of funds
Note: Scholarships are not available for the summer semesters and all awards are contingent upon fund availability.