Refunds are allowed for full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate students. Refund percentages are based on the official start of the term.
January 28 - May 10, 2019
- 100% adjustment on or before February 1, 2019 of tuition and fees (full time/part time)
- 50% adjustment on or before February 15, 2019 tuition only (part time only)
- No financial adjustment after February 15, 2019
January 28 - March 29, 2019
- 100% adjustment on or before February 1, 2019 - tuition and fees (full time/part time)
- 50% adjustment on or before February 8, 2019 - tuition only (part time only)
- No financial adjustment after February 8, 2019
April 1 - May 10, 2019
- 100% adjustment on or before April 5, 2019 - tuition and fees (part time only)
50% adjustment Oon or before April 12, 2019 - tuition only (part time only)
No refunds/adjustments for courses dropped after April 12, 2019
Special note to undergraduate full time students: If you are registered as a full time student (12 credit hours or more) and later drop to a part-time status (less than 12 credits) after the official add/drop date, you will not be entitled to refunds and/or financial adjustments based on a per credit hour charge. Charges for the term shall remain at the full time rate.
If you are a financial aid recipient, the Office of Financial Aid is required by federal statute to recalculate federal financial aid eligibility for students who withdraw (officially or unofficially), are dismissed, or take a leave of absence. As a result all financial aid recipients are subject to review as mandated by the U.S. Department of Education. Find information about financial aid recipient review here.
“NOTE: Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other University publication, the University reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees, and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the University System of Maryland Board of Regents.”