December 2, 2020
With registration for winter session and spring semester classes well underway, students are encouraged to complete your class selections before the winter break.
- The winter session runs Jan. 4 -22. All courses during the three-week session will be online and offer opportunities to catch up or get ahead in your program of study.
- For the spring semester, all freshman and some upper-class courses will be offered in the hybrid model with a 50/50 ratio of in-person and online instruction. The spring semester classes are set to begin Jan. 25.
2021 Staffing Plans
- For the 2021 winter session and spring semester, we will again staff campus offices with up to 50% of employees on campus to assure optimal availability of services, consistent with Phase Two of the Fall Return to Campus Plan.
- Employees will work with supervisors to develop proposed work schedules for approval by division heads. The timeline and a workflow form for reporting schedules will be available soon.
- Staff members are strongly encouraged to telework Jan. 4-8, 2021, which will allow you adequate time to take the required COVID-19 test before returning to the university on Jan. 11. Essential employees who must return to work the week of Jan. 4 or those who are unable to telework will be required to submit your report of a negative test to COVIDemail@example.com before Jan. 4.
- Employees with documented high-risk health conditions or special circumstances should contact Human Resources to discuss options for accommodations.
University Residential Housing
- Students new to residential housing can submit applications through the housing portal on the university website.
- Spring move-in will be scheduled by appointment beginning Jan. 15, allowing students time to resolve any outstanding issues in advance of arriving on campus.
- Residential students will not return to the campus after spring break, and all classes will be fully online. The leasing terms for the Christa McAuliffe Residential Community (CMRC) will remain active through May. Adjustment to some fees is being considered.
Access to Campus
For the remainder of the fall semester, the university will maintain remote operations and online classes. There will be minimal on-campus staff and only student residents in the Christa McAuliffe Residential Community. All employees and students must display a green badge from the Wellness Portal at the entrance checkpoints. The badge is automatically generated upon completion of the daily COVID-19 screening survey and submission of a negative COVID-19 test result within the past 14 days. Anyone who may have difficulty with the badge system should email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.