July 22, 2021
Congratulations to Kimberly Turner, an employee in the Office of Telecommunications, who is the first winner in the BSU vaccination lottery. Ms. Turner will receive a free parking pass for the 2021-21 academic year. All individuals who have submitted proof of vaccination are included in the weekly drawing through Aug. 2.
The rate of reported vaccination of BSU community members significantly increased in the past week with the incentive of free parking for a year for a staff, faculty or student. The current report of vaccination shows records from 82 percent of staff, 33 percent of faculty and 20 percent of student populations.
Vaccination compliance schedule
July 12 - Staff members who have not submitted proof of vaccination or been approved for an exemption are now out of compliance with the July 12 return to campus vaccination requirement, These individual should not be on campus as stipulated in the July 7 guidance from Human Resources. Each identified person and their supervisor will receive notification from HR on this matter.
August 1 - Requests for medical or religious exemptions from vaccination must be submitted by Aug. 1 for students and faculty returning in August. Exemption forms can be accessed on the COVID -19 Vaccine Information webpage.
August 6 - Students and faculty scheduled to return beginning Aug. 20 must submit vaccination documentation by Aug. 6 to the Wellness Patient Portal to be allowed to return on time. Faculty and staff can also request that the Wellness Center get your record from the Maryland Health Department by completing the ImmuNet Consent form under the Clearances tab in the portal. If you need assistance, please email the Wellness Center at email@example.com.
Protecting against Delta and other variants
The growing spread of the Delta variant of COVID-19 amplifies the need for continued vigilance with safety measures to protect unvaccinated persons with exemptions or those in our community with compromised immune systems. The following enhanced BSU safety protocols provide an extra layer of protection.
Only green badge accepted for access to campus
- Beginning Monday, July 26, staff, students and faculty must display the green badge at campus entry checkpoints indicating compliance with vaccination and testing requirements. Yellow badge will only be accepted with proof of a scheduled testing appointment that day
- Vaccinated persons must take COVID-19 test every 30 days
- Exempt persons must test every three days
- Any problems with operation of the badge should be reported to the Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Masks required indoors for all persons
- Face masks must be worn by everyone when inside any BSU building, unless alone in an office.
- Masks should be worn in all meetings or inside events, even if everyone is vaccinated
- Masking can be relaxed outdoors
It will take each of us doing our part to protect the BSU community as we return to full capacity operation for the fall semester. If you have questions about the return-to-campus transition, please email email@example.com and monitor the COVID-19 Updates web section for the latest information.