We are so excited to welcome you to Bowie State University this fall. Although things are constantly changing, we have made adjustments to provide a safe and secure residential environment for our students and families with a broad spectrum of safety measures in place to minimize the presence of COVID-19 among the campus community.
Prepare For Arrival
As part of our efforts to minimize the number of people on campus and adhere to social distancing guidelines, students were sent an email with designated move-in times based on their building and room number.
COVID-19 Testing & Screening Requirements
Students are required to take a COVID-19 test 10-14 days prior to coming to campus and share the results with the BSU Henry Wise Wellness Center. Due to high volumes of COVID-19 testing, it may take 5-7 days to receive results.
3 Ways to Submit
- Upload the test result onto the Wellness Center Patient Portal
- Fax your test results to 301-860-4179
- Email email@example.com
Please note: You will not be permitted to move into residential housing if your COVID-19 test result is positive. There will be no exceptions.
Students are required to complete a daily COVID-19 screening questionnaire beginning the week before your move-in date. Reminders will be sent by email to your Bowie State email account. This daily screening will be required throughout the semester to continuously assess and mitigate the potential presence of COVID-19 in the campus community.
If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea at the time of move-in, you will not be allowed to move into the residence hall at that time. Your move-in date will be rescheduled.
Other Health Screening Requirements
Students are required to submit a copy of the Entrance Medical History Form (MS Word document) with a copy of your immunization records. Maryland State Law requires that campus residents receive the Meningitis A immunization. Submit your Entrance Medical History Form and supporting documents to the BSU Wellness Center Patient Portal or via fax at (301) 860-4179.
Move-In Health and Wellness Checklist – First Year Students
Upload Entrance Medical History Form: due by August 10
Complete COVID-19 Testing Prior to Move-In: August 3 – 7
Upload COVID-19 Test Results: August 10 – 13
Complete Pre-Screening Questionnaire: August 10 – 13
Move-In Health and Wellness Checklist – Returning Students
Complete COVID-19 Testing Prior to Move-In: August 10 – 13
Upload COVID-19 Test Results: August 17 – 21
Complete Pre-Screening Questionnaire: August 17 – 21
BSU Community Health and Safety Guidelines
In accordance with CDC recommendations, face masks or face coverings must be worn by everyone on campus, including all faculty, staff, students, vendors and visitors, in all buildings and outdoors when 6 feet of physical distancing is not possible.
Read more about BSU’s Health & Safety Protocols
- You will have two hours to complete your move-in based on your assigned move-in appointment. You must adhere to the move in appointment.
- Residents must arrive at their designated move-in time to ensure that everyone can comfortably maintain social distancing from other families. We will be unable to accommodate early or late arrivals. If you need to reschedule your assigned date & time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residents may bring no more than two healthy helpers (at least 16 years old) to assist with vehicle unloading. University rolling carts will be available.
- While resident rooms will be thoroughly cleaned, students are encouraged to bring personal disinfecting and cleaning supplies and protective equipment at your discretion.
- At the end of your assigned time block, helpers will be required to leave campus. There will be no waiting area and only the two helpers will be allowed in the residence hall. Residents are encouraged not to bring additional people as they will have to remain in the vehicle.
If your plans have changed, and you no longer want to live on campus, you may cancel your assignment by completing the Room Accommodations Cancelation Form.
Our staff will be here with you to assist you throughout the semester! We will send additional details and reminders via email. If you need our help or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 301-860-5000.