I. POLICY AND PURPOSE
This policy is designed to ensure that faculty/staff avail themselves of training, that they gain a basic level of proficiency in the use of various technology applications, and that they demonstrate strategic utilization of technology to enhance their job functionality.
- Scope: Training will be provided at the introductory, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- Eligibility: Training will be available to all faculty and staff of the
- Responsibility: The Division of Information Technology (DoIT), in collaboration with the Vice Presidents, Deans, and the Office of Academic Affairs, will be responsible for the identification, implementation, and documentation of training needed and provided to support the University’s agendas.
III. GUIDELINES AND STANDARDS
- Training classes shall be published on the DoIT web portal, as well as transmitted to all BSU faculty and staff via email.
- Training schedules shall be updated bi-monthly and current class offerings include:
- Introduction to Personal Computers; Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- All classes are available for Introduction, Intermediate, and Advanced levels.
- Reference books (and computer CDs) shall be distributed to participants which can be used for practice and reinforcement of newly learned technical skills. Detailed reference books and support materials shall also be distributed to departments, which materials can be used to extend participants’ application of technology.
- Attendance shall be maintained, by the DoIT, as participants progress through acquiring their technical skills.
- BSU faculty/staff, who have direct access to BSU-owned equipment, should have the following minimum competencies:
- Technology Classes Microsoft Office 365
- Competency Level Intermediate
V. EXCEPTIONS AND DEVIATIONS: None
VI. DEFINITIONS: None
Revision Date: 01/03/2023