- Ph.D., Counselor Education and Supervision, Walden University (2016)
- M.A., Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Indiana University of Pennsylvania (1991)
- B.S., Psychology, Bowie State University (1989)
- Parental Involvement
- CACREP Standards
- Comprehensive School Counseling Programs
- Professional Counseling Identity Development
- Outstanding Service Award (2015
- Omega Zeta Chapter (2015)
- Chi Sigma Iota (2015)
Professional Service (selected)
- Member, Professional Standards Committee- ACA (2018 – 2021)
- Co-Chair, Bylaws & Policies Committee – ACA (2017 – 2018)
- Member, Bylaws & Policies Committee – ACA (2015 – 2018)
- Co-Chair, Empty Plate Project – Association for Humanistic Counseling (2018-2019)
- Member, Conference Planning Committee – Association for Humanistic Counseling (2017-2018)
- Member, Bylaws and Ethics Committee – Association for Humanistic Counseling (2014 – 2015)
Counseling Experience (selected)
- Therapist, EasterSeals UCP
- Volunteer Counselor, Sarah’s Refuge Domestic Violence Center
- School Counselor, Duplin County Schools
Professional Licensure and Certification
- Licensed Professional Counselor (North Carolina)
- National Certified Counselor
- National Certified School Counselor
- Board Certified-Tele Mental Health Provider
Professional Memberships (selected)
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Association for Humanistic Counseling
- Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development
- Maryland Counseling Association
- Maryland School Counselor Association
- Taylor, C. (2017). Implementing a comprehensive school counseling program: Does CACREP accreditation make a difference. North Carolina Counseling Association Annual Conference. Durham, NC.
- Handon, E. & Taylor, C. (2015). The differential impact of CACREP accreditation in developing counselor resilience. North Carolina Counseling Association Conference. Greensboro, NC.
- Taylor, (2016). Removing the stigma of mental illness. Duplin County Annual Health Fair. Kenansville, NC.
- Taylor, C. (2016). Emotional abuse: Get the facts. Duplin County Annual Health Fair. Kenansville, NC.
- Taylor, C. (2014). Children and adolescents with disruptive behaviors. New Dimension Group. Clinton, NC.
- Taylor, C. (2013). Ethical standards for school counselors. Duplin County Schools. Kenansville, NC.
I enjoy reading, traveling, and spending time with family.