Emergency Preparedness Academic Computing Workshops
All workshops are online due to campus partial lockdown
1. Building and grading the Comprehensive Examination Online; it is recorded in the COMPs Master Template. One-On-One sessions can be requested to email@example.com
2. Getting Started with Blackboard – Virtual Campus Edition, self-paced course available online to all faculty -open Courses Tab in Blackboard and find it. Instructors: Dr. Fabio Chacon and Ms. Tolulope Oladipo
Objective: Participants would be able to teach their courses off-campus, using the tools of Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Collaborate and Starfish
Duration: It is a self-paced course that can be taken in six hours or less, depending of the time dedicated to it.
Enrollment: The course is self-enrolled, in Blackboard Courses Tab, go to Course Search and type 'Getting Started' to search, follow prompts to enroll.
3. Blackboard Basics I and Grade Transfer to PeopleSoft – Sessions for Winter and Spring 2021
This workshop focuses on minimum presences and Blackboard basics. Topics include: The Blackboard Environment: instructor and student view, posting your syllabus and announcing changes, taking attendance with Qwickly, creating discussion forums, tests and assignments, posting grades in Blackboard Grade Center, transferring grades to PeopleSoft. Bring your spring 2021 syllabus, course materials and other course contents. There will be hands-on session for designing your course and uploading contents.
11/04/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 11/10/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 01/06/2021, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 01/20/2021, 5:00PM to 7:00PM
4. Blackboard Intermediate and Virtual Class Lecturing - Sessions for Winter and Spring 2021.
This workshop constitutes a comprehensive training focused on adjunct faculty needs and teaching with Blackboard. It focuses on customizing your course.
Partners’ Content; Course Tools and Other Tools, communicating with your students: Announcements, Discussion, Blogs and Chat, Notifications Dashboard
Grade Center Columns for Sum of Points or Weighted Grade, Extra Credit, iCAN: set your profile, find students, tracking students, flags, flag surveys, messaging, and appointments, copying your Blackboard updates to a new term. Hands-on training on minimum skills for teaching a course in online synchronous mode usin Bb Collaborate Ultra or Zoom.
11/18/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 11/24/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 01/13/2021, 5:00PM to 7:00PM - 01/21/2021, 5:00PM to 7:00PM
6. Department Chairs Only: Overseeing Course Development and Delivery with Blackboard Tools
This workshop adresses the Chair's procedures for overseeing online instruction: course search, visible and hidden elements of courses, Blackboard Reports, EesySoft Reports.
11/03/2020, 10:00AM to 11:00AM - 11/12/2020, 2:00PM to 3:00PM
By December 7, all online courses of winter and most online courses of spring should be ready. The workshop delineates steps for doin an internal Quality Matters review, looking at the essential standards. It includes orientations about how to follow up with any changes needed.
12/09/2020, 5:00PM to 7:00 PM
NOTE: In addition, Dr. Fabio Chacon and Ms. Tolulope Oladipo offer on-request online appointment hours for advisory on course technology and troubleshooting, send request by email specifiying course section.
- Dr. Fabio Chacon, phone: 23922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Tolulope Oladipo, phone: 301-892-2604 or email email@example.com