The 2020 Open Enrollment period for health benefits is Oct. 15 to Nov. 14, 2019. During this time, eligible faculty and staff can enroll in health benefits, change benefits or dependents, and sign up for flexible spending accounts.
Save the Date
Health Benefits Fair
- 1:00 to 4:00 pm Thursday, October 24
- Henry Administration Lobby
Stop by to meet with state insurance representatives and vendors. You will learn about benefits and programs available to BSU faculty and staff.
2020 Benefits Guide and Rates
The State of Maryland Health Benefits Guide for Plan Year 2020 (pdf) contains important information about year-to-year plan changes, benefits options, eligibility and more. The guide is available here, and is also posted on the Department of Budget and Management website.
Key Benefit Change
Workday: Login Now!
This year's Open Enrollment is being conducted through Workday, an online benefits system. Workday provides all faculty and staff the ability to access, enroll in, and manage benefits through one online portal. You should familiarize yourself with the system prior to the start of Open Enrollment.
- First time Login: Go to the SPS Workday guide page (pdf) for instructions to login.
- Previously Logged-in: Login now with your personal password to view your current information. If you haven’t logged in recently or it has been 90 days since your last password reset, you will be prompted to update your password.
For questions, contact Debora Humphrey, Benefits Coordinator at 301-860-3452 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
What to Expect and Actions Required
Faculty and staff who would like to have healthcare flexible spending accounts (FSAs) for 2020 must re-elect their FSA amounts during open enrollment. The annual FSA cap has increased to $2,700 for plan year 2020.
If you aren't making changes to your current benefit elections and will not elect a FSA for 2020, then you do not have to do anything in Workday during OE. Your benefits will default to your current elections with the exception of FSAs.
When adding a qualifying dependent during Open Enrollment you must provide the required supporting documentation.
- Required dependent(s) documentation must be uploaded by 11/14/19 for the newly added dependent(s) to be eligible for coverage effective 1/1/20.
- When adding a new dependent in the Workday Open Enrollment event, you will see a listing of the required documentation for each dependent type.
- The documentation MUST be uploaded and attached to the Open Enrollment event in Workday at the time of completion and submission.
- Pictures of the required documentation and uploaded legible screenshots are acceptable.
The Wellness Plan is voluntary and available to all employees enrolled in health benefits and enrolled spouses who are not eligible for Medicare.
Wellness Activities and Rewards
Select a primary care physician (PCP) if you have not already done so, then complete the online health risk assessment located on your plan's website. Once these activities are completed, your primary care visits are free for the remainder of the plan year and a $5 reduction of the specialist copay.
Rewards earned in 2019 continue through December 31, 2020. Note that PCP election rolls over from year to year – you do not have to re-select unless changing to a different PCP.
Contact Debora Humphrey at email@example.com, or schedule an in-person appointment by calling 301-860-3452