Enhance your career in technology and enterprise with a Master of Science degree in management information systems (MIS). Bowie State’s skilled faculty guide students through advanced concepts that leverage information technology to improve and secure business operations. Graduates emerge as experts ready for careers in the analysis, design, implementation and management of information systems.
Those with a focused interest in cybersecurity have the option to add the Information Assurance concentration. Our innovative cyber programs have earned BSU the recognition as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- What You’ll Learn
- Program Requirements
- Admissions Requirements
- Admissions Process
The MIS program prepares professionals for the challenges associated with managing information technology in business. Focus areas include enterprise information technology systems, data analytics, IT system project management, cybersecurity and information assurance, blockchain, IT entrepreneurship and health informatics.
- Utilize state-of-the-art modeling technology to build business processes models, data models, information models and system architectures.
- Explore the vulnerability, threat and risk identification of IT systems.
- Identify business opportunities and innovative solutions using emerging information technologies.
- Understand the process of auditing IT systems.
- Meet compliance requirements for data and communication privacy.
- Develop IT system projects and outcomes.
- Manage data and data analytics products and services.