Bowie State University’s Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement Program is designed to prepare undergraduate students for doctoral studies through involvement in research and other scholarly activities.
McNair participants are either first-generation college students with financial need, or members of a group that is traditionally underrepresented in graduate education and have demonstrated strong academic potential. The goal of the McNair Scholars Program is to increase graduate degree awards for students from underrepresented segments of society.
Throughout the academic year, our participants benefit from the following:
- Working one-on-one with a faculty mentor
- Help with graduate school application process
- Free or reduced fee waivers when applying to select graduate schools
- Opportunity to network with other undergraduates from across the United States
- Opportunities to present research at McNair research conferences
- Opportunities to attend graduate school visits
- Visits to local significant educational, research, and cultural institutions