The EIC Makerspace is open to BSU students, faculty, and staff. All first-time users most undergo safety training prior to using the Makerspace.
Hours & Location
Monday - Friday, 10 am - 3 pm
Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community, room A109
Envision. Build. Create. Innovate.
You can do all of this in the Entrepreneurship Innovation Center Makerspace while producing a model or prototype of a product. This specially designed space invites Bowie State University students, faculty and staff to create, invent and learn from each other. It is a cross-departmental and interdisciplinary space for entrepreneurs of all skill levels.
Are you an inventor, a thinker? Do you have an entrepreneurial or business-oriented spirit? Are you hands on, creative, visionary, willing to learn, ready to make bold steps and not afraid to fail?
The Makerspace provides a place to take your business from ideation to implementation. You’ll find top-notch equipment and expert guidance to build something tangible, something useful or something just fun to make.
Makerspace includes a wide variety of tools such as a 3D printer, a heat press, soldering tools and others. Faculty and staff mentors will collaborate with you during the entire process, providing support and training to help turn your pipe dream into a prototype.
How to Get Started
- Determine what you’d like to create.
- Review the tools available and decide what equipment you think you’ll need for your project.
- Prepare a brief explanation of the project, prototype or design you intend to create.
- Make a reservation in Startup Tree for a time to use the Makerspace. Click the link to add a venture or project. Registration is required for new members of Startup Tree.
- Submit the form and await approval with further instructions, which may take up to 24 hours.
- When you arrive at Makerspace for your reservation, you will participate in safety training and discuss your project with faculty or staff.
Don’t just think about it. Bring it to life – and maybe someday to market – in the Makerspace.