The EIC Makerspace is open to BSU students, faculty, and staff. All first-time users most undergo safety training prior to using the Makerspace.
Hours & Location
Monday - Friday, 10 am - 3 pm
Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community, room A109
Envision. Build. Create. Innovate.
You can do all of this in the Entrepreneurship Innovation Center Makerspace while producing a model or prototype of a product. This specially designed space invites Bowie State University students, faculty and staff to create, invent and learn from each other. It is a cross-departmental and interdisciplinary space for entrepreneurs of all skill levels.
Are you an inventor, a thinker? Do you have an entrepreneurial or business-oriented spirit? Are you hands on, creative, visionary, willing to learn, ready to make bold steps and not afraid to fail?
The Makerspace provides a place to take your business from ideation to implementation. You’ll find top-notch equipment and expert guidance to build something tangible, something useful or something just fun to make.
Makerspace includes a wide variety of tools such as a 3D printer, a heat press, soldering tools and others. Faculty and staff mentors will collaborate with you during the entire process, providing support and training to help turn your pipe dream into a prototype.
How to Get Started
- Determine what you’d like to create.
- Review the tools available and decide what equipment you think you’ll need for your project.
- Go on Blackboard, log into your faculty, staff or student account.
- Navigate to Course Panel in Blackboard, and on the left panel Course Search, type EIC, and all EIC courses on available equipment will show up.
- Click on the EIC course for the equipment you are interested in, go through the instructions, complete the module and take a short quiz. It is required you have 100%. Less than this score requires you to retest.
- Send an email to the instructor email@example.com after completing your quiz.
- You will be contacted by the instructor with dates and times available for you to use the equipment.
- Please arrive with all the information and material needed to use the equipment you successfully tested for.
Don’t just think about it. Bring it to life – and maybe someday to market – in the Makerspace.