Bowie State University’s Graduate Research Workshop helps graduate students enhance their research and communication skills, while preparing them for science and educational careers.
During the workshop, scholars will also:
- Understand STEM careers in a global context and identify international research and education opportunities.
- Attend a panel discussion on current research topic in academia and industry.
- Building research skills and developing focus on employment searches and retention.
During this virtual event, scholars get the opportunity to present their research on various topics. A panel of distinguished researchers will review each abstract and presentation. This event will culminate with an award ceremony and certificates.
- One abstract (3000 characters)
- All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.
- All GRA recruited by the Graduate School are required to present.
- All doctoral students who have completed their comprehensive exam (or proposal defense) are required to present.
- MS thesis students are required to present.
- All graduate students who are working on individual research grants from faculty are invited to present.
- All graduate students who are working in individual research laboratories and course projects are invited to present/showcase their research.
- Friday April 2, 2021 at Midnight (EST) - Registration and Abstract Submission
- Friday April 9, 2021 - Notifications will be sent as to whether or not your abstract is selected for presentation
- Friday April 16, 2021 at Midnight (EST) - Abstract Final & Pre-Recorded PowerPoint Presentation
- Friday April 30, 2021, 9am -4pm - Virtual Program