Funding Veterans' Education

 Funding your college education can be challenging to navigate. But it doesn’t have to be. Bowie State’s Financial Aid office and staff in the Military Resource Center can help you determine the benefits to which you are entitled as well as look for any additional funding opportunities.

Financial Aid

Learn how to fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), make a virtual meeting to discuss financial, or contact the BSU Financial Aid. Also find other information regarding your financial aid. Get information about Financial Aid 


  • Bowie State University is a Yellow Ribbon School (formally called the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program). This designation provides a select number of students who meet the criteria for a Yellow Ribbon School to receive matching financial support. Please refer to the US Department of Veteran Affairs information on the Yellow Ribbon program and the information on the BSU Yellow Ribbon program for more information.

    To be eligible for the program, you must:

    • Be entitled at the 100% benefit level (or if your dependents are using transferred entitlement)
    • Have served at least 36 months or more of active duty after September 10, 2001
    • Have served at least 30 continuous days on active duty and were discharged due to a service-connected disability.

    Learn about BSU being a Yellow Ribbon School

  • The Green to Gold program allows active military members with select college majors to pursue their degree on a scholarship while they complete an ROTC program. As a Green to Gold student, you’ll be ‘stationed’ at BSU to participate in the ROTC program and complete your degree.

    Find out about the eligibility requirements  for the Green to Gold Program

  • In an effort to preserve the legacy of slain Bowie State alumnus Richard Collins III, the State of Maryland has launched a $1M annual scholarship fund to help students gain a quality education and excellent leadership skills to meet their professional goals.

    To be eligible to apply, you must be:

    • Enrolled as a BSU undergraduate or graduate student
    • An ROTC cadet
    • A U.S. citizen
    • A Maryland resident

    Apply for the Richard W. Collins III Leadership with Honor scholarship