Career exploration involves the following:
- Learning about specific occupations and majors;
- Researching job descriptions;
- Understanding how to find and evaluate resources;
- Understanding how occupations, job settings and majors are organized;
- Investigating education and training options;
- Understanding what skills and personal characteristics are required for specific occupations.
SIGI 3 is a comprehensive, up-to-date educational and career planning program that helps you pinpoint career options based on your interests, values, personality and education. You can also obtain print-outs on hundreds of occupations. To access this system, please schedule and appointment with a Career Counselor.