Entrepreneurial education is a priority across the entire campus at Bowie State University. With leadership from mentors in the Entrepreneurship Innovation Center and academic experts in the classroom, BSU has built a thriving pipeline of 21st century business owners. By developing an entrepreneurial mindset, any student – no matter their major – can emerge as an innovator in their field. At BSU, students have two great options to supplement a bachelor’s degree and build a strong foundation for success in business development
Take a bold step in your career to gain insight from business experts, work collaboratively with their peers and come away prepared to launch a successful venture or utilize their entrepreneurial mindset at an established company.
In these programs, you will:
- Apply an entrepreneurial mindset to identify and make the most of opportunities, overcome and learn from setbacks, and succeed in a variety of settings.
- Understand and apply components of the entrepreneurial mindset including professionalism, communication, collaboration, critical thinking and problem solving, comfort with risk, and opportunity recognition.
- Learn the process of creating a new venture and identify external resources to support the venture’s success
Entrepreneurship Micro Credential (12 credit hours)
- ENTR 101 Introduction to Entrepreneurship: Developing the Entrepreneurship Mindset
- ENTR 201 Problem Solving Using Design Thinking
- ENTR 301 Commercializing Innovative Ideas
- ENTR 400 New Venture Creation
Entrepreneurship Certificate (18 credit hours)
Must complete the 12 hour mirco credential, plus 2 of the courses listed below.
- ENTR 302 Social Entrepreneurship
- ENTR 303 Branding for Entrepreneurship
- ENTR 304 Technology and Entrepreneurship
- ENTR 305 Health Care and Entrepreneurship
All courses are 8 weeks and 3 credit hours each. Course descriptions are available in the University Catalog.
How to Enroll
- Bowie State Students: Register for entrepreneurship courses during the class registration process using Bulldog Connect.
- Non-Degree Seeking Students: Complete the BSU Non-Degree Application. The Office of Continuing Education & External Programs will process your application and register you for classes. You must complete an application form for every semester you plan to enroll for classes.
Note: Financial aid is not available for non-degree students. However, payment plans are available after registration is complete.
Dr. Eric Bonsu
Director; Entrepreneurship Academic Programs