Our management concentration combines problem-solving, deep analysis and communication skills to help you become a strong leader. We offer the courses, hands-on opportunities and support to help you achieve your goals.
- What You’ll Learn
- Career Paths
- Special Opportunities
Managers in every business—from start-up to nonprofit—must navigate tough decisions and meet company objectives. As you build a marketable skillset at Bowie State, you’ll learn how to establish policies, develop plans, collaborate and communicate with your team. You will also:
- Develop key interpersonal skills that will help you become an effective supervisor, partner and hiring manager.
- Examine how cultural differences impact business relationships locally and globally.
- Analyze managerial traits that foster an optimal work culture and environment.
- Devise solutions to key issues using qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Coordinate resources, processes, systems and most importantly, people
You’ll get an overview of management practices; an understanding of business and the economy; and applicable knowledge of human behavior. The business world is constantly changing, but you’ll be ready to shift with the demands. Graduate with the tools you need to take on a managerial position in the field of your choice.