Athletic Director Academy
The College of Education’s Signature Athletic Director Academy lead by the Department of Teaching, Learning and Professional Development created an exceptional educational learning experience for educators, coaches and administrators to become nationally certified through the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA).
Participants take three leadership training courses (LTC 501, LTC 502 and LTC 503). These courses ultimately lead to a Registered Athletic Administrator (RAA) Certificate. Certified instructors through the NIAAA instruct the courses. Participants will also be provided support with earning the Certified Athletic Administrator (CAA) Certificate. Participants can receive CEUs along with earning the RAA.
The cost for each leadership training course is typically $175.00. Participants should make payments to Bowie State University's Cashier and reference "College of Education's Athletic Director Academy."
Interested in applying for the Athletic Director Academy? Complete the registration form to receive your application.
- Provide a leadership program to support educators, coaches and administrators
- Provide an opportunity for students to earn the Registered Athletic Administrator (RAA) Certificate
- Support students with earning the Certified Athletic Administrator (CAA) Certificate
- Partnership with the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association
- Coca-Cola and National Sports Teams (Redskins, Ravens, etc.)
Dr. Joseph Spears