- Davis, J. & Jett, C. (2019). Critical race theory in mathematics education. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Washington, A. R., Goings, R. B., & Henfield, M. (Eds.). (2020). Creating and sustaining effective K-12 school partnerships: Firsthand accounts of promising practices. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Journal Special Issues
- Ladeji-Osias, J., Coleman, S. & Davis, J. (2020). Increasing the Representation of Black Male Middle Schools Students in Engineering and Technology Fields through Informal Learning Programs at HBCUs. Journal of African American Males in Education, 11(2).
- Bonner, F. A., & Goings, R. B. (2019). Academically gifted Black males: An intersectional focus on achievement across the P-12 spectrum. Gifted Child Today, 42(3), 120–121.
- Goings, R. B., & Lewis, C. W. (in press). Critically examining the trajectories of pre-service Black male teachers: Implications for teacher education programs. Peabody Journal of Education
- Coleman, S.T. & Davis, J. (2020). Using asset-based pedagogy to facilitate STEM learning, engagement, and motivation for Black middle school boys. Journal of African American Males in Education, 11(2).
- Davis, J. & Allen, K. (2020). Culturally responsive mentoring and instruction for Black boys in STEM. Journal of African American Males in Education, 11(2).
- Davis, J., Anderson, C. & Parker, W. (2019). Identifying and supporting Black male students in gifted, honors, and advanced mathematics courses and programs throughout the K-12 pipeline. Gifted Child Today, 42(3), 140-149.
- Goings, R. B., & Sewell, C. P. (2019). Outside connections matter: Reflections on the college choice process for gifted Black students from New York City. The High School Journal, 102(3), 189–209.
- Goings, R. B., Hotchkins, B., & Walker, L. J. (2019). Examining the preparation of school human resource officers on developing a racially diverse educator workforce post-Brown. Journal of Research on Leadership Education, 14(3), 267–280.
- Goings, R. B., Walker, L. J., & Wade, K. (2020). The influence of intuition on human resource officers’ perspectives on hiring teachers of color. Journal of School Leadership. Advanced online publication.
- Sewell, C. P., & Goings, R. B. (2020). “I struggled but I made it”: Black gifted underachievers on transitioning to college. Journal of Advanced Academics, 31(2), 111–128.
- Sewell, C. P., & Goings, R. B. (2019). Navigating the gifted bubble: Black adults reflecting on their transition experiences in NYC gifted programs. Roeper Review, 41(1), 20–34.
- Walker, L. J., Goings, R. B., & Wilkerson, R. (2019). The role school administrators play in creating healthy ecosystems for Black male preservice teachers. The Journal of Educational Foundations, 32 (1–4). 125–141.
- Davis, J., Allen, K., Goings, R.B., Watts, J., McKay-Davis, B., Thomas, A., & Parker, W. (in press). Investigating pre-service Black male teachers’ identity as men, teachers, and researchers through undergraduate research. Peabody Journal of Education *Article with Black male undergraduates and alumni*
- Thompson, L., Mutegi, J., & Davis, J. (in press). “There’s no one here that looks like me”: Nationbuilding as a response to African American underrepresentation in the sciences. The Western Journal of Black Studies
- Davis, J. Goings, R.B., & Allen, K. (2019). Developing pre-service mathematics teachers to meet the needs of Black male students in teacher education programs. In G. Prime (Ed.), Centering race in the STEM education of African American K-12 learners. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing Inc. (Invited; Peer-Reviewed).
- Ford, D. Y., Young, J. L., Wright, B. L., & Goings, R. B. (2019). Honoring differences: Improving the representation of culturally different gifted students based on equity. In D. Sisk, B. Wallace, & J. Senior (Eds.), SAGE handbook on gifted education (pp. 59–69). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Presentations & Awards.
- Jett, C. C., & Davis, J. (2019). Black males' experiences throughout the STEM pipeline: Factors that contribute to their success. In E. McGee & W. Robinson (Eds.), Interjecting multidisciplinary perspectives of race and gender for diversification in STEM. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press. (Invited; Peer-Reviewed)
- Gist, C., Jackson, I., Nightengale-Lee, B., & Allen, K. (2019). Culturally Responsive Pedagogy in Teacher Education. In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education.
- Walker, L. J., Goings, R. B., Spencer, D., McDonald-Lowe, S., & Palmer, R. T. (2020). Embracing change: The importance of pluralism at historically Black colleges and universities. In C. Newman, A. A. Hilton, B. Hinnant-Crawford, & S. Platt. (Eds.), Multicultural education in the 21st century: Innovative research and practices. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Wood, M. C. (2020). Factors Influencing the Retention and Persistence of African American and Latino Males STEM Students in Community College. In Rothwell, W. J., Gerity, P. E. & Carraway, V. L. Workforce Development: Guidelines for Community College Professionals 2nd Ed. (pp. 123-140). Lanham, Maryland. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers Company.
- Goings, R. B. (accepted). Undoing my miseducation: Lesson learned from brother Kmt Shockley. In A. Ellis, N. Hartlep, G. Ladson-Billings, & D. Stovall (Eds.), Memoirs of admirable teachers: What teacher practitioners can learn from them. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Davis, J., Allen, K. M., Watts, J., McKay-Davis, B. W., Thomas, A. & Parker, W. (2020, April) Investigating Preservice Black Male Teachers' Identity as Men, Teachers, and Researchers Through Undergraduate Research [Roundtable Session]. AERA Annual Meeting San Francisco, CA http://tinyurl.com/sd9zon3 (Conference Canceled) *Presentation with Undergraduate Black Male Pre-service Teachers and Alumni*
- Davis, J. (2020, April) Culturally Responsive Mentoring and Instruction for Middle School Black Boys in STEM Programs [Roundtable Session]. AERA Annual Meeting San Francisco, CA http://tinyurl.com/st9e3t6 (Conference Canceled)
- Davis, J. (2020, April) Exploring Black Male Mathematics Teachers' Professional Preparation and Experiences for the Public Good [Symposium]. AERA Annual Meeting San Francisco, CA http://tinyurl.com/rykkmtn (Conference Canceled)
- Goings, R. B., & Walker, L. J. (2020, April). Disrupting the Myth of Black male Inferiority [Conference paper session]. American Educational Research Association Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA (conference cancelled).
- Goings, R. B., & Walker, L. J. (2019, November). The Influence of Intuition on Human Resource Officers Perspectives on Teachers of Color [Conference paper session University Council for Educational Administration Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Davis, J., Goings, R.B., Coleman, S.T. & Williams, L. (2019, October). Let’s Have a Serious Conversation about Recruiting More Black Males into the Teaching Profession. Presentation at the Teach in Maryland Conference. Baltimore, MD
- Wood, M. & Banks, C. (2019, July) Persistence Factors of African American Male Student-Athletes in STEM. The International Center for Innovation in Education ICIE, Prairie View, Texas
- Wood, M. & Banks, C. (2019, May). Factors Influencing the Retention and Persistence of African American Male Student-Athletes in STEM. National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education Conference, Portland, Oregon
- Dr. Julius Davis - 2019 University System of Maryland Wilson H. Elkins Professorship
- Dr. Ramon Goings - 2019 Imogene Okes Award for Outstanding Research in Adult Education, American Association of Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE)