Medical technology helps doctors, nurses and specialists work together more efficiently and provide a higher level of patient care. At BSU, our clinical experts collaborate with computer science faculty to prepare students for new roles in healthcare. In this program, you will:
- Explore strategies and solutions that ensure confidentiality, security, and integrity of heath information.
- Learn how to manage electronic health records and understand how they help minimize health disparities.
- Utilize data management and analytics tools like Python to analyze public health data.
- Analyze core public health functions, workflows, data, associated theories, methods, best practices and ethical and legal issues such as privacy and security.
- Communicate effectively—both verbally and in writing—using reports, technical documents and presentations.