Bowie State students have access to an array of scholarships – each with its own set criteria for consideration. New students are automatically considered for awards based on SAT/ACT scores and GPA provided on admission applications. Students are also encouraged to apply for private donor, department and external partner scholarships.
AWS Learner Engagement Finish Line Grant
Amazon Web Services is offering ten $1000 grants to students who meet these criteria:
- Full-time Bowie State University undergraduate student
- Graduating Fall ’22 or Spring ‘23
- Plans to pursue a career in the IT/cloud industry post-graduation
- Pell Grant eligible/EFC (estimated family contribution) of $6200 or less
- Completed an AWS Academy course OR completes the eight-hour AWS Educate Introduction to Cloud 101 (Labs) course and submits Credly completion badge for verification
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Donor Scholarships
Students only need to complete one brief application to be considered for multiple private donor scholarships for which you may qualify – award amounts vary based on funding and student eligibility. A completed FAFSA is required for consideration.
Students who are awarded these scholarships will be notified through their Bulldog Connection student email. Students must formally accept the scholarship once awarded before the funds will be applied to student accounts.
The application for the 2022-2023 Academic year has closed. Applicants awarded private scholarships are being notified by email. All notifications will be completed by July 15, 2022. Applicants with questions after that date should email the Office of Private Scholarships at email@example.com
Departmental & External Partner Scholarships
Department specific scholarships are also available to new and returning full-time students. These scholarships require separate applications.
- BSU Accounting Student Scholarship (pdf)
- Band Scholarship
- Richard W. Collins III Leadership with Honor Scholarship (Army ROTC)
- Conroy Scholarship 2022-2023 (pdf)
- BSU National Alumni Association, Prince George’s County Chapter
- BSU National Alumni Association, Incorporated
- National Association of HBCU Title II Administrators, Inc.(docx)
New and returning students are encouraged to apply for scholarships offered through a variety of different resources, including: