Bowie State University College of Education
Certification Coursework in Educational Administration
In conjunction with Code of Maryland Regulation (COMAR) 13A.12.04 B requirements for certification in the state of Maryland as Administrator I, Bowie State University offers a program leading to such certification which includes:
- A Maryland State Department of Education and NCATE approved, and fully accredited program, in administration and supervision
- Personalized learning environment
- Experienced-based professional faculty
- Highly competitive tuition rate
This program is offered for those graduate students who have both a:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution; and
- 27 months of satisfactory teaching performance or satisfactory performance as a specialist as defined in COMAR 13A.12.03
The program at Bowie State University consists of 19 semester hours of graduate coursework* in administration and supervision to include:
- School Administration (3 credit hours)
- Clinical Supervision (3 credit hours)
- Curriculum Design (3 credit hours)
- Group Dynamics (3 credit hours)
- School Law (3 credit hours)
- Practicum/Internship (4 credit hours/2 semesters)
* COMAR requires 12 semester hours of the total required are taken at the same institution and BSU limits transfer of credit into the program of a maximum of 6 credit hours. Details on this COMAR requirement.
All courses are aligned to the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL) Standards that were developed by the Council of Chief State School Officers in collaboration with the National Policy Board for Educational Administration. Download the PSEL Standards.
For inquiries and further information, please contact :
Director: Dr. Ann Hilliard
To view PDF documents on this page, download the free Adobe Acrobat reader.