- A National Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Defense
- Approved by the CAE to award industry-recognized cybersecurity certificates
- A top 5 Maryland producer of African Americans with bachelor’s degrees in computer and information sciences (Diverse: Issues in Higher Education)
- Since 2016, more than 4,000 middle and high school students have designed digital solutions to everyday problems and learned practical cybersecurity skills through BSU’s outreach programs.
With cyber-crime threats to businesses and government agencies on the rise, Bowie State University works with industry leaders to provide unique educational offerings, hands-on learning experiences, college pathways programs, and real-world opportunities to develop qualified professionals to defend the nation against cyber-attacks.
Bowie State has the expert faculty, specialized labs for high-tech innovation, and strong industry partners needed to meet the growing demand for highly skilled cybersecurity professionals. Our graduates in information technology fields are prepared to tackle the world’s cybersecurity challenges.
Leading in Cyber Education
- Unique Offerings
- Hands-on Learning
- Degree Programs
- Career Paths
- BSU is the only University System of Maryland institution offering a computer technology bachelor’s degree.
- Within the University System of Maryland, BSU offers the only Master of Science degree in management information systems, with a concentration in information assurance.