Congratulations on your acceptance to Bowie State University! We are ready for you to join the Bulldog community, but first you must complete the enrollment process. Take action early and start preparing for your bold future today.
- BSU Admission Letter
- BSU Username Letter
To ensure your continued success, please complete all items on this checklist.
Pay the $80 Acceptance Fee (non-refundable) Now!
- Log in to Bulldog Connection using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Be sure to disable popup blockers.
- Select Student Home > Financial Account > Make A Payment.
- The system will automatically redirect you to TouchNet.
- Select Deposits > Select a deposit payment.
Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA Now!
- For students attending college in 2021-2022 (Fall 2021/Spring 2022) the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available beginning October 1.
- Students who will be applying for any type of financial aid from Bowie State University WILL NOT be able to register for New Student Orientation (NSO) until the FAFSA is complete and they have received their financial aid package.
- Student/parent(s) will use 2019 income information to complete the application.
- Visit the Financial Aid web section for more detailed information and to schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor.
Log in to Bulldog Connection
- Bulldog Connection allows you to register for New Student Orientation, check financial aid status, view account information and register for classes.
- Visit the MyBSU Website and click on Student Password Reset, then follow instructions (downloadable).
- To setup your permanent password and login for the first time, you will need the following items:
STUDENT ID-7-digit number found on your admission letter
STUDENT USERNAME—The username found on the follow-up letter you should receive after your initial admission letter
- If you have login issues, please contact the Division of Information Technology Help Desk at 301-860-4357.
Apply for On-Campus Housing
- Please visit the Office of Residence Life web section to access the application and more detailed information.
Submit all Final Official Transcripts
- High School Students—The Office of Admissions must receive your final transcript before the semester begins. Your enrollment process is not complete and your admission is subject to the condition that you graduate high school with satisfactory final grades.
- Transfer Students—The Office of Admissions must receive your FINAL OFFICIAL transcripts from ALL schools attended BEFORE you attend New Student Orientation. A transfer credit evaluation is completed before you arrive to ensure enrollment in the correct courses; this cannot be completed without the final official transcripts.
- Incoming students will not be required to take a placement exam. Students will be placed into English and Math courses based on their high school or incoming GPA. Additional information regarding placement will be discussed during your academic advising session.
Return the mandatory Entrance Medical History Form
- Please visit the Henry Wise Wellness Center Website to download the appropriate medical forms and mail to:
Bowie State University
Henry Wise Wellness Center
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
Failure to submit a completed form will result in registration blocks.
Complete COVID-19 vaccination
Complete the first and second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by Aug. 6, 2021 and upload copy of vaccination card to the Wellness Patient Portal. Vaccination is required for all students on campus for the fall 2021 semester. For more information on BSU vaccination requirement visit the Vaccination Information webpage.