Thank you for your interest in Bulldog Scholars Academy employment opportunities.
Summer 2021 Job Descriptions and Minimum Requirements
We have modified Bulldog Scholars Academy summer 2021 programming to meet social distancing requirements. The Academy will be broken into two 2-week sessions, with limited enrollment, and assist first-year students with their transition into college. To maximize impact, we will merge Bulldog Scholars Academy with Operation Navigation, which matches freshmen with big brothers/sisters. This year, Navigators will participate in intensive leadership training June 28-July 9. A limited number of Navigators will serve as mentors during session 1 and/or 2 of the Academy. Navigators who are not working for the Academy will reach out to incoming freshmen to ensure that they feel connected to the campus and experience a seamless transition into the university. Navigators will continue walking with a small group of students during the 2021/2022 academic year. These are paid positions. We are currently considering applications for Navigators. Please click on the yellow button below to read the job description and minimum qualifications before submitting your application:Navigators
***Please note, credit accumulation requirements are based on summer 2021 status. Applicants who expect to have 30 credits by the end of the spring term are eligible to apply for tutoring positions. Likewise, applicants who expect to earn 45 credits by the end of the spring 2021 term are eligible to apply for mentoring positions. GPA requirements are based on fall 2020 grades.***
We are offering virtual information sessions on the following days. Consideration for employment is not contingent upon attending; however, we strongly recommend that interested applicants join us to learn about the application process and job expectations.
- February 3, 4:00-5:00 p.m., https://bowiestate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcrdOGgqDwiE9AEPG_PSqVG07os1jGvhtqK
- February 9, 3:30-4:30 p.m. https://bowiestate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUtcu-pqz4pGdWZ3cDAk-jIBYHaaGceL8Nz
- February 15, 11:00-12:00 p.m. https://bowiestate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAtd-GvrDIjEtxag01_VrUG4X6UBJZMAhAW
- February 23, 5:00-6:00 p.m., https://bowiestate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUkdemqqT4uHNJ8POknaO1aQP3fMMmhWOop
A select number of applicants will be invited to group interviews. Those who are not selected for further consideration will be notified by email no later than March 15, 2021.
Group interviews are by invitation only and will be held at the following times:
- March 22, 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- March 22, 11:00-12:30 p.m.
- March 23, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- March 23, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- March 24, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- March 24, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- March 25, 11:00-12:30 p.m.
- March 26, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- March 26, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Additional times may be added if necessary.
Individual interviews will be held March 31-April 6, 2021.
Other Important Dates
- April 12: Employment offers extended
- May: Employees complete background check (details forthcoming)
- June 28: Navigator move-in
- June 28-July 9: Navigator training
- July 11-23: Bulldog Scholars Academy Session 1
- July 25-August 6: Bulldog Scholars Academy Session 2
- August 7: Navigator move out
Please note: Due to the nature of the position, all employees must have 100% availability during training and residency periods. Staff are not permitted to take classes, vacation, or work a second job during these timeframes.