Students who plan to live on campus for the 2022–2023 academic year must be enrolled as a full-time student.
The Office of Residence Life is excited to welcome you to Bowie State University for the Spring 2022 semester. Although things are constantly changing, we have made adjustments to provide a safe and secure residential environment for our students and families with a broad spectrum of safety measures in place to minimize the presence of COVID-19 among the campus community.
Fall 2022 Move-In Dates
Students have secured housing for the Fall semester received an email with details about their specific move-in date and time.
Beginning Summer 2023, COVID-19 vaccination and boosters are highly recommended but not required to attend classes at BSU. This is SUBJECT TO CHANGE per CDC guidelines.
- All students are required to be registered for a minimum of twelve credit hours. Login to Bulldog Connection to verify enrollment in classes for the fall semester. Returning students with less than sixty credit hours and who are not enrolled full-time can schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisement Center. Students with sixty credit hours or more should contact their academic advisor.
- Good financial standing: Students have one account with the university, and it must be paid in full. Please login to Bulldog Connection to verify your room charges, meal plan, tuition, and fees. Student accounts not in good financial standing with the university also can settle their accounts utilizing their financial aid award. In addition, for students who have an outstanding balance, the Office of Students Accounts offers the option of a payment plan.
Other Health Screening Requirements
New students are required to submit a copy of the Entrance Medical History Form (MS Word document) with a copy of your immunization records. Maryland State Law requires that campus residents receive the Meningitis A immunization. Submit your Entrance Medical History Form and supporting documents to the BSU Wellness Center Patient Portal or via fax at (301) 860-4179.
BSU Community Health and Safety Guidelines
In accordance with CDC recommendations, face masks or face coverings must be worn by everyone on campus, including all faculty, staff, students, vendors and visitors, in all buildings.
Read more about BSU’s Health & Safety Protocols
- You will have two hours to complete your move-in based on your assigned move-in appointment. You must adhere to the move in appointment.
- Residents may bring no more than two healthy helpers (at least 16 years old) to assist with vehicle unloading. University rolling carts will be available.
- While resident rooms will be thoroughly cleaned, students are encouraged to bring personal disinfecting and cleaning supplies and protective equipment at your discretion.
- At the end of your move-in time block, helpers will be required to leave campus. There will be no waiting area and only the two helpers will be allowed in the residence hall. Residents are encouraged not to bring additional people as they will have to remain in the vehicle.
- We will be unable to accommodate early or late arrivals. If you need to reschedule your assigned date & time, please contact us at email@example.com
Our staff will be here with you to assist you throughout the semester! We will send additional details and reminders via email. If you need our help or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-860-5000.