We are so excited to welcome you to Bowie State University this spring. Although things are constantly changing, we have made adjustments to provide a safe and secure residential environment for our students and families with a broad spectrum of safety measures in place to minimize the presence of COVID-19 among the campus community.
Prepare For Arrival
Move-in Day Covid Test Appointment
Residents must make an appointment for Covid testing through the Wellness Center Patient Portal for the day of their move-in appointment. The test appointment must be made with-in the 30 minutes prior to the residents move-in appointment.
Move-in Day Appointments
As part of our efforts to minimize the number of people on campus and adhere to social distancing guidelines, students will have to sign-up for a move-in appointment via Sign-up Genius. The link will be sent to the students BSU email account.
COVID-19 Testing & Screening Requirements
Students are required to complete a daily COVID-19 screening questionnaire beginning January 13th. Reminders will be sent by email to your Bowie State email account. This daily screening will be required throughout the semester to continuously assess and mitigate the potential presence of COVID-19 in the campus community.
If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea at the time of move-in, you will not be allowed to move into the residence hall at that time. Your move-in date will be rescheduled.
Other Health Screening Requirements
New students are required to submit a copy of the Entrance Medical History Form (MS Word document) with a copy of your immunization records. Maryland State Law requires that campus residents receive the Meningitis A immunization. Submit your Entrance Medical History Form and supporting documents to the BSU Wellness Center Patient Portal or via fax at (301) 860-4179.
BSU Community Health and Safety Guidelines
In accordance with CDC recommendations, face masks or face coverings must be worn by everyone on campus, including all faculty, staff, students, vendors and visitors, in all buildings and outdoors when 6 feet of physical distancing is not possible.
Read more about BSU’s Health & Safety Protocols
- You will have two hours to complete your move-in based on your assigned move-in appointment. You must adhere to the move in appointment.
- To ensure that everyone can comfortably maintain social distancing from other families’ students must arrive on time for their Covid test appointment.
- Residents may bring no more than two healthy helpers (at least 16 years old) to assist with vehicle unloading. University rolling carts will be available.
- While resident rooms will be thoroughly cleaned, students are encouraged to bring personal disinfecting and cleaning supplies and protective equipment at your discretion.
- At the end of your move-in time block, helpers will be required to leave campus. There will be no waiting area and only the two helpers will be allowed in the residence hall. Residents are encouraged not to bring additional people as they will have to remain in the vehicle.
- We will be unable to accommodate early or late arrivals. If you need to reschedule your assigned date & time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancelation (New Spring 2021 Residents Only)
If your plans have changed, and you no longer want to live on campus, you may cancel your assignment by completing the Room Accommodations Cancelation Form by January 13th. Send an email to email@example.com to request the link.
Our staff will be here with you to assist you throughout the semester! We will send additional details and reminders via email. If you need our help or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-860-5000