OverviewThe Title III Program Administration Office is designed to support and execute the President’s institutional plans for Bowie State University. Title III funds are awarded to our institution by the U.S. Department of Education. The President determines how to funds will be allocated and utilized to support the needs of the campus, aligned with the Strategic Plan.
MissionTitle III funds impact each division at Bowie State University. The mission of the Title III Office is to:
- Help the University to expend its funds in innovative, economical ways
- Promote Title III expenditures that create exceptional opportunities for learning so that all students can reach their highest potential
- Support professional growth experiences for members of the faculty and staff
- Provide one-on-one assistance to each activity director to ensure that all expended funds enhance the academic quality of Bowie State University
- Deliver superior service to the University through the efforts and actions of a committed staff
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for the students, faculty, staff, and administrators who are serving
VisionTo be a service-oriented office, with a staff that is proactive and multifaceted in their work ethic to support Bowie State University’s students, faculty, staff, and administrators.To anticipate and effectively respond to campus needs and strategically provide resources that enhance and benefit the University as a whole.
Core ValuesThe Title III Office embraces the University’s core values of accountability, civility, diversity, excellence, and integrity. In addition, the Title III Office supports and promotes the following values:
- Service Excellence