2022 Shredding Event: June 27-29
Our last event, held in August 2021, recyled 15,420 lbs (7.71 tons) of paper! In June 2022, we will offer a 3-day event to have PAPER documents shredded from your respective areas.
We are using the same company as last year: Briar Patch Shredding company.
Things to Keep in Mind
- This is a courtesy event coordinated and paid for by the Division of Administration and Finance and the Office of Sustainability. Keep in mind that we are servicing an entire campus at one time with limited resources and therefore not every aspect may be 100% convenient.
- We DO NOT have extra bins. To accommodate an entire campus, the number of provided bins in/for your building may be limited.
- We will not be able to place bins on your individual floor or in your department. Please coordinate with your department/office staff to get documents to the bins in your building.
- Not all bins are the same size.
Bins will be delivered to your building and be ready to use between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Monday, June 27. You have access to bins from June 27-29 (Mon-Wed).
Monday, June 27
- Bins dropped off between 8-11 a.m. and will remain through Tuesday, June 28
Tuesday, June 28
- Starting around 12 noon, bins will be picked up for on-site shredding
- Bins will be re-distributed to the same locations between 2-4 p.m.
Wednesday, June 29
- Between 1-2 p.m., bins will be picked up off site for final shredding
All bins will be located either in your main lobby entrance area OR in your building loading dock. See chart below for your bin locations and number of bins.
- Center for Business and Graduate Studies - front entrance lobby (3 bins)
- Center for Natural Sciences, Math and Nursing - loading dock (4 bins)
- Computer Science - Henry Circle front entrance (3 bins)
- Facilities - First floor, main level, front entrance hallway (1 bin)
- Fine and Performing Arts Center - front entrance lobby (3 bins)
- Henry Administration Building - front entrance lobby (3 bins)
- Leonidas S. James Physical Education Complex- lobby entrance (2 bins)
- James E Proctor Jr Building, first floor lobby, parking lot side (3 bins)
- Thurgood Marshall Library - front entrance lobby (4 bins) and loading dock (3 bins)
- McKeldin Gymnasium - back entrance near Campus Safety (2 bins)
- Martin Luther King Jr Communication Arts Center - first floor off of Henry Circle, lobby area (4 bins)
- Charlotte Robinson Hall - second level outside of Human Resources (2 bins)
- Student Center - first floor lobby (2 bins)