Interlibrary Loan is a worldwide cooperative resource-sharing service that enables libraries to borrow and lend scholarly resources. Thurgood Marshall Library uses ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan internet accessible database) to borrow and lend scholarly resources.
ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan internet accessible database) is the electronic resource management system that is use to send and receive requested electron scholarly resources. All library users are encouraged to create ILLiad account from here.
Types of materials that can be borrowed
- Books that are not owned by any of the USMAI libraries. Request books within USMAI libraries through Patron Place Hold (Self-Service) using CatalogUSMAI (select All Campuses)
- Scholarly journal articles from Journal Titels that are not available at BSU Thurgood Marshall Library either in print or in a PDF electronic format through A-Z Databases, Fetch item (CitationLinker), or E-Journal Search.
Types of materials not available through Interlibrary Loan
- Books published before 1800
- Computer software
- Entire issues of journals, magazines, and newspapers
- Manuscript and archival materials
- Reference adn Coruse Reserves Materials
- Recently published books
- Videos, CDs and DVDs
Submitteing ILL requests
- Login to your ILLiad Account. To request a journal title click on photocopy and fill out the form with required information as requested. Do not use abbreviations.
- Search A-Z Databases. Click on FindIt button that is displayed on Search Results, if full-text is not available. If full-text is still not available and a hard copy is not available at Thurgood Marshall Library after searching CatalogUSMAI (Journal Search), click on Request it from Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Log in to ILLiad. Once the Request Form is polluted, scroll down and click Submit. Please allow 5-10 working days.
How will I get notified that my Interlibrary Loan request have arrived?
You will receive an email with specific information and instruction about your requests
- Books are usually picked up in the library (Use Library Book Check-Out Request to make an appointment to pick up ILL books at the Circulation Desk.)
- Scholarly journal articles - you will recieve a TinyURL & Password or an ILLiad Login URL where you will be able to retrieve a PDF copy of the article.
For Further Questions and Assistance contact
Mr. Phillip Tajeu, Reference/Interlibrary Loan Librarian
(301) 860-3864, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm