The primary mission of Reference & Information Services is to support undergraduate and graduate academic programs through library instruction and to promote information literacy.
Reference librarians are on the desk to help you during the following hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday:11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday: 2 p.m. to 7p.m.
Each Reference Librarian is a liaison to an academic department at Bowie State. Liaisons and faculty work together to develop support materials and build the library's collection. We also offer one-on-one reference appointments, walk-in clinics, classroom visits, and more.
Faculty can arrange in-class or in-library instruction sessions by filling out a request form and submitting it online, in-person, or by e-mail.
*7 days notice is required for scheduling for library instruction classes.
*A librarian will contact you by e-mail or phone to confirm your request in 48hrs.
Instruction Request PDF (submit in-person to the Reference Department)
For more information about library instruction, see Faculty Resources at TML.
Please contact any of the Reference librarians for reference assistance:Phillip TajeuReference/Interlibrary Loan Librarian301-860-3864 firstname.lastname@example.org Mary Lou SowdenOnline Reference and Instruction Librarian301-860-3872 email@example.com Roy JoynesLibrary Staff301-860-3988 firstname.lastname@example.org Gregory FieldsLibrary Staff301-860-3862 email@example.com
- College of Professional Studies: Phillip Tajeu * firstname.lastname@example.org * 301.860.3864
- College of Education: Sophia Sotilleo * email@example.com * 301.860.3849
- College of Business: Sophia Sotilleo * firstname.lastname@example.org * 301.860.3849
- College of Arts and Sciences: Fusako Ito * email@example.com * 301-860-3867
- Graduate Students: Mary Lou Sowden * firstname.lastname@example.org * 301-860-3872
- Online Programs: Mary Lou Sowden * email@example.com * 301-860-3872