Replacement Diplomas

Undergraduate and Graduate students may request duplicate copies (or replacements in case of damage or loss) of their diplomas from the University Registrar. Replacement diplomas can be ordered by the graduate only. Immediate family members or spouses may request a replacement diploma under special circumstances, and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.

We do not require original diplomas to be returned to us, but we ask that you destroy what remains of the original diploma and replace it completely with the new one. If you have at least the signature lines and BSU’s seal portion of your original diploma, you may send that back to us for a new copy without the 'Exemplum' printed on it. If you send us your original diploma or at least the signature lines and BSU‘s seal, we will not add 'Exemplum' to the replacement.

If your name has changed since you graduated, your diploma will still read your name as of when you graduated from Bowie State University.  Replacement charge $55.00.