Taking Classes At Another Institution

Bowie State University offers two programs that are designed to enrich the college experience for full-time undergraduate students. 

Through the Inter-Institutional Registration Program, a full-time BSU student can attend any University of Maryland System School and have the course work taken from the participating school be counted as resident credit.

Bowie State University also offers the Permission to Enroll at Another Institution Program which allows our students to attend both two and four year institutions and have the course work transferred back to BSU.

Participation in either program is voluntary.  Students however, must be enrolled in Bowie State University as a full-time student; students must obtain approval prior to taking any course; and students must be in good academic standing. 

All forms must be approved by Department Chair and Office of the Registrar BEFORE student registers for classes off site.