Student Learning Outcomes
Candidates will be able to…
- Demonstrate knowledge of major literary genres/modes of inquiry.
- Identify and articulate dominant literary themes/genres of the periods covered.
- Show working knowledge of major authors/works from its beginnings through mid-19th century
- Shows working knowledge of literature through the modern period.
- Synthesize ideas by clear, succinct, oral/written expression.
- Apply key literary terms/analytical techniques to works covered and other literary works.
- Independently interpret literature in/of itself and its wider implications.
- Research literary topics using electronic and traditional methods.
- Understand basic literary themes, techniques, and terminology.
- Appreciate cultural pluralism through investigation of literature of cultural/ historical “other”.