Bowie State University is actively monitoring the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Get the latest university-wide updates.
The Wellness Center is open and accepting appointments for in-person and telehealth visits. Flu shots are now available as well.
Please call (301) 860-4170 to schedule an appointment. Students will be charged a $5 no-show fee if they do not cancel their appointment 24 hours ahead of time.
The Henry Wise Wellness Center provides students with easily accessible and confidential primary care services in a supportive and compassionate environment.
Returning to campus in the fall of 2020?
Update your medical histories or upload your immunization record or COVID-19 test results through the Patient Portal under Immunizations.
Update your medical histories or upload your immunization record through the Patient Portal.
Dr. Wutoh’s Six Golden Rules for Return to Campus
- Mandatory requirement for all students to receive a COVID-19 Test after August 3, 2020. Due to high volumes of testing, please allow 7-10 days for test results to come back. Upload test results to Patient Portal.
- Complete and upload your Entrance Medical History Form if you are a new student. Include supporting documents such as immunization records. A primary care provider is not required to complete the form. You can complete it and send your supporting documents from the Primary Care Provider’s office.
- By August 10, 2020, begin to complete Daily COVID screening questionnaire.
- Wear your face mask in public spaces to help you stay healthy.
- Practice physical distancing of 6 feet with your face mask on- even while visiting friends, parties, BBQ’s.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Allergy and Immunology - flu and Tetanus vaccinations
- Lab services - limited onsite Quest Diagnostic Laboratory tests
- Nutrition Lounge
- Pharmacy services - limited prescriptive and over the counter medications provided
- Primary Care - evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses;
- Sexual Assault/Intimate Partner Violence Counseling
- Sports / academic physical
- STI/HIV Screenings
- Wellness Counseling
- Women's Health - examinations such as pregnancy testing, well woman exams, and contraception counseling
- Patient Portal: Update your medical histories or upload your immunization record.
- Mandatory Health Requirements: Find out about student immunization requirements.
- Student Health Insurance Information: Students are encouraged to maintain health insurance coverage. Those who are not covered under their parents’ health insurance can sign up for individual coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Health Forms: Access important allergy and immunization forms.