To make an appointment, please call 301-860-4170.
Students will be charged a $5 no-show fee if they do not cancel their appointment 24 hours ahead of time.
Bowie State University is actively monitoring the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Get the latest university-wide updates.
The Henry Wise Wellness Center will fully transition into telehealth services effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020. Learn more about telehealth appointments.
The Henry Wise Wellness Center provides students with easily accessible and confidential primary care services in a supportive and compassionate environment.
Returning to campus in the fall of 2020?
Update your medical histories or upload your immunization record through the Patient Portal.
Dr. Wutoh’s Six Golden Rules for Return to Campus
- Mandatory requirement for all students to receive a COVID-19 Test after August 3, 2020. Due to high volumes of testing, please allow 7-10 days for test results to come back. Upload test results to Patient Portal.
- Complete and upload your Entrance Medical History Form if you are a new student. Include supporting documents such as immunization records. A primary care provider is not required to complete the form. You can complete it and send your supporting documents from the Primary Care Provider’s office.
- By August 10, 2020, begin to complete Daily COVID screening questionnaire.
- Wear your face mask in public spaces to help you stay healthy.
- Practice physical distancing of 6 feet with your face mask on- even while visiting friends, parties, BBQ’s.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Allergy and Immunology - flu and Tetanus vaccinations
- Lab services - limited onsite Quest Diagnostic Laboratory tests
- Nutrition Lounge
- Pharmacy services - limited prescriptive and over the counter medications provided
- Primary Care - evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses;
- Sexual Assault/Intimate Partner Violence Counseling
- Sports / academic physical
- STI/HIV Screenings
- Wellness Counseling
- Women's Health - examinations such as pregnancy testing, well woman exams, and contraception counseling
- Patient Portal: Update your medical histories or upload your immunization record.
- Mandatory Health Requirements: Find out about student immunization requirements.
- Student Health Insurance Information: Students are encouraged to maintain health insurance coverage. Those who are not covered under their parents’ health insurance can sign up for individual coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Health Forms: Access important allergy and immunization forms.