Bowie State University is actively monitoring the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Get the latest university-wide updates.
The Wellness Center is open and accepting appointments for in-person and telehealth visits. Flu shots are now available as well.
Please call (301) 860-4170 to schedule an appointment. Students will be charged a $5 no-show fee if they do not cancel their appointment 24 hours ahead of time.
Need Help After Hours?
The Henry Wise Wellness Center provides students with easily accessible and confidential primary care services in a supportive and compassionate environment.
Mandatory Student Health Requirements
- Mandatory Health Requirements: Find out about student immunization requirements.
- Health Forms: Access important allergy and immunization forms.
- Patient Portal: Update your medical histories or upload your immunization record.
- Allergy and Immunology - Flu and Tetanus vaccinations
- Lab services - Limited onsite Quest Diagnostic Laboratory tests available by appointment
- Nutrition Lounge
- Pharmacy services - Limited prescriptive and over the counter medications provided
- Primary Care - Evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses;
- Sexual Assault/Intimate Partner Violence Counseling
- Sports / academic physical
- STI/HIV Screenings
- Wellness Counseling
- Women's Health - Examinations such as pregnancy testing, well woman exams, and contraception counseling
- Student Health Insurance Information: Students are encouraged to maintain health insurance coverage. Those who are not covered under their parents’ health insurance can sign up for individual coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Health Topics A-Z: Find diseases and conditions; healthy living; workplace safety; environmental health; injury, violence and safety, global health and more.